Produits VirtuelsBest GPS

On Cote D'Ivoire Anyi

On Cote D'Ivoire Anyi

Postby paisible on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:09 pm

Concerning the fact that Anyi (Agni) were dominated by Baule , please give your sources as this is not established... What I found is evidence of a war between the Baule and a sub-group of Anyi (Morofoue from the Moronou) which are found to the West of two Other, more powerful , Anyi subgroups : The Ndenian and the Sanwi.
Please explain to us what is meant by "indirect" domination of the Anyi by the Baule?
Moreover, Anyi Kings have not paid allegiance to the Ashante Kings for what I know. Not like the Brong or other Akan groups. PLease correct me if I am wrong.
The main reason for the westward migration of the Baule and the Anyi was to avoid domination from the Ashante whose rule they have never accepted.

That being said, I love this website , especially the Twi dictionary, as it help me look up some words I forgot long time ago. Thanks again!

N.B: Hi, for your information, Cote D'Ivoire president, Laurent Gbagbo is not a Baule. He is a BETE from the KRU group that comprises people in Ivory Coast and Liberia.
Moreover he was elected president in 2000.
paisible

Re: On Cote D'Ivoire Anyi

Postby paisible on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Check this article (In french) by Prof Allou Kwame Rene of Cocody-Abidjan University: http://www.histoire-afrique.org/article211.html for more details on the Baule history and they war against the Anyi Morofweh.
paisible

Postby paisible on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Rectification: I read a text saying that the Anyi Kings (especially the Ndenian ) paid tribute to the Asante-hene . Ok... so the domiantion was quite direct...
paisible

Postby paisible on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Domination by the Asante-hene clear. However, indirect domination by the Baule still makes no sense...
paisible

Postby paisible on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:36 pm

My reference is http://www.rezoivoire.net/cotedivoire/p ... enean.html . The text is in french. However you can get an english translation using Google translate.
paisible

Postby paisible on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Maybe I haven't said it enough , this is a Great resource. :) .
Thanks
paisible

Postby Admin on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:24 pm

paisible,

Thank you for your comments and references.

The French texts are very informative (I have looked at one of them using Google Translate), and the information they contain would make a very important addition to twi.bb though it might take some time for a person like me who is not a fluent French speaker to translate it clearly.

I am very impressed with your knowledge of the Akan people of the Ivory Coast... I can tell that there is a lot which you know that visitors from across the globe would be happy to read about and learn from.

A million thanks.

Kwame the Webmaster.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Twi